1. ACCEPTANCE BY CUSTOMER – Customer’s acceptance of shipment constitutes acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Lansing Building Products, Inc. (Seller). Customer’s failure to notify Seller of discrepancies in quantity count upon receipt of this order shall constitute acceptance.
2. PAYMENT TERMS – Customer agrees to pay for materials in accordance with the terms of their account. Seller may charge a service charge of 1 ½% per month on the overdue balance and shall be entitled to reasonable attorney fees if the service of an attorney becomes necessary to collect payment. Seller retains a security interest in the goods until the purchase price is paid. Funds received by the Customer for materials furnished by Seller are considered held in trust until Seller is paid. All payments must be made by the Customer and not directly from a homeowner. All returned checks are subject to a fee. Credit Card payments on account balances are not permitted.
3. RETURNS – All authorized returns shall be subject to a minimum restocking charge of not less than 15%. Special Order items not normally stocked, and custom made items such as windows are not returnable. Discontinued items are not returnable. All other items must be returned within 30 days of purchase in order to receive credit. Customer must present evidence of purchase, or Seller must be able to verify the purchase, before credit can be issued.
4. SPECIAL ORDERS – Any request to cancel special order items must be submitted by the Customer in writing. Seller will attempt to cancel the order but the Customer will be liable for any costs associated with the cancellation up to and including the full cost of the Special Order items. Customer is responsible for taking prompt delivery of Special Order items and they may not be returned for credit.
5. WINDOW ORDERS – Customer is responsible for verifying window measurements and selected options before the order is submitted.
6. WARRANTY – Seller is a wholesale distributor and not a manufacturer. Seller therefore assigns and transfers all applicable manufacturers’ warranties to the Customer. Seller conveys good title to all goods sold and warrants that such goods shall be free from any lawful security interest or other lien or encumbrance. SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN.
7. CLAIMS – Claims for damages and shortages, consistent with section 6 must be made in writing immediately upon receipt of material. Customer has a duty to verify that delivered items are the the correct product and color before they are installed. The Seller will not be responsible for installation labor costs of any incorrectly delivered materials.
8. DELAYS – Seller shall not be responsible for any delays, including but not limited to delays caused by acts of God, strikes, mechanical breakdown, material shortages and any condition beyond its control.
9. DELIVERY – Scheduled delivery times are approximate and Seller is not responsible for any unforeseen delays. Seller will endeavor to notify Customer of any delivery delays. Deliveries should be verified and signed for by a Customer Representative when materials are delivered. If Customer directs Seller to leave materials when no Customer Representative is present, then Customer assumes the risk of any losses to those materials.
10. DELIVERY CHARGES – Any order delivered by Seller is subject to a delivery charge.
11. WAIVER – No provision hereof and no breach of any provision shall be deemed waived by reason of any previous waiver of such provision or of any breach thereof.
12. BUILDING CODES – Customer is responsible to ensure that items ordered will meet the applicable building code for the area where it is intended to be used. Seller will furnish detailed specifications for products upon request, but will not be responsible for determining building code suitability.
The Mission of Lansing Building Products is to provide superior service in supplying exterior building products to professional contractors while maintaining the highest ethical standards.
We will accomplish this by:
1. Showing respect for our associates, customers, and suppliers
2. Giving our customers the best possible service
3. Achieving excellence in everything we do.